Varicose veins are the spider-like veins that appear in your legs. Many people wish to have them removed for cosmetic reasons, but they can also put you at risk for open wounds or blood clots. They happen when the valves in the legs don’t work correctly and blood pools in the legs. In this case, you’ll need to see a specialist who is an expert in blood vessel conditions.
Common types of varicose veins:
· Reticular varicose veins – red and grouped close together in a network
· Trunk varicose veins – near to the surface, long and usually unpleasant looking
Common symptoms include:
· Skin discoloration around veins
· Pain after sitting or standing for a period of time
· Itching around the veins
· Heavy or achy feeling in legs
Are you interested in getting varicose vein removal? Our healthcare specialists can discuss which is the right treatment option for you. They are able to inject the veins with a solution that will close them and usually help fade them within weeks. Alternatively, surgically removing the veins can prevent them from coming back. If you’re interested in hearing about your options, get in touch with us at English Doctor Barcelona today.