General surgery is actually a specialty in itself. General surgeons require extensive knowledge and training for a wide variety of ailments. They are highly trained to perform surgeries and procedures on multiple areas of the body. While some move onto other specialties, all surgeons begin their training in general surgery. It’s important to seek help if you suspect you need surgery, because your problem may become a medical emergency if left untreated.
Common issues needing general surgery:
· Colon cancer
· Thyroid cancer
· Gallstones, gallbladder inflammation or cancer
· Breast cancer
Common symptoms include:
· Lump or mass in the breast, nipple pain, nipple discharge, swelling of breast
· Blood in your stool, persistent diarrhea or constipation, cramps or gas
· Abdominal pain and bloating, jaundice, fever, nausea
· Overactive thyroid, making it difficult to swallow or breathe
· Wounds that won’t heal, deep wounds that require stitches or removal of foreign substance
At English Doctor Barcelona, our specialty is you. That’s why our general surgeons provide warm care for you before, during and after surgery. We know that going for surgery may not be easy. However, our doctors will ensure that you are in a supportive environment. It’s our mission to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible before and after your procedure. Our team is here to discuss any questions or concerns that you might have.