Allergology is the specialty of diagnosing and treating asthma and other allergy-related problems. People often experience these conditions as an abnormal response to foreign substances in the body, called allergens. While some allergies are not necessarily life-threatening, they can interfere with your daily life. However, in the case of anaphylactic shock, these reactions do become a medical emergency.
· Food – dairy, gluten, wheat, nuts, soy, shellfish
· Medication – antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin, chemotherapy drugs, muscle relaxers
· Insect venom – bees, wasps, hornets, mosquitos, ants
· Intestinal complaints
Common allergy symptoms include:
· Sneezing, a runny or blocked nose
· Swollen tongue, lips or face
· An itchy, red rash
· Chest tightness, shortness of breath
When you need a reliable health care provider in Barcelona, come see one of our trusted allergy doctors. Whether you are a local, expat, student or traveler, here, you are at home. A doctor will examine you and provide specialty diagnostic tests to assess the problem. You may require a skin prick test, blood test or a patch test. Once the problem is diagnosed, our specialists will recommend prevention strategies and treatment plans to reduce your symptoms. You can rest assured that we will find a solution for what you need to avoid in order to feel better.